We provide the opportunity for artists, scholars and writers in Turkey and around the world to stay at Umay Homespace and dedicate their time to their personal creative projects, in a peaceful and eco-friendly environment.
Accomodation, a shared kitchen, office and/or art space and shared resources are included.
We encourage our residents to use their time at Umay to delve into their writing/project.
Please read the information below on how to apply for the in-house Umay residency 🙂
APPLICATION FORM FOR ARTISTS/ WRITERS AND SCHOLARS
FOR IN-HOUSE RESIDENCY
1. Personal Information
2. Project Information
Please provide an introduction to your work and motivation.
- Provide a clear and informative summary of your work (max. 300 words).
- A statement with full description of the proposed residence project (max. 800 words).
Residency Format: Artists can choose a time-frame between a minimum of 2 weeks and maximum of 2 months. Scheduling will be determined by the Umay core team, taking into account other programmes and activities scheduled to take place.
Minimum Requirements: BA degree
As well as filling out the form below, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your full name.
1. Examples of previous work:
Visual / Video Artists:
- 5 to 10 images or weblinks of previous videos or projects (max 4mb per image).
- No more than 8 pages of work, one chapter or story-length prose.
- Proposal for public talk / workshop (you can deliver a public talk or workshop during your stay at Umay. The format of this is flexible and can be discussed at further length if interested).
Umay Home will provide:
- Accommodation – a nurturing, eco-friendly and peaceful space and garden.
- The artist has access to the kitchen to prepare their own food at no extra cost.
(Ps: if you have special requirements/dietary restrictions, these extra costs will be your own responsibility)
- The artist has access to all shared resources in the homespace.
For more information, please contact the Coordinator, email@example.com.
It is a substance-free space including the garden, and encourages a plant-based diet with zero-waste (no meat to be cooked/consumed at Umay!).
Other activities happening at the space: (any contributions to the existing program are welcomed!)
- Group meetings
- Community services
*We acknowledge the unprecedented circumstances of our times and individuals’ unique stories so check with the Umay Coordinator if you think that you are qualified and have a valuable project in mind but cannot meet all the requirements.